Monday, December 6, 2010

Reposts from previous blog.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fable: Immoral?

Oh no, it seems the day has come! Where I am officially, no longer a pent up youngster out to marr this Earth with their debauchery! Yes, now I am an overly opinionated middle-ager who feels like complaining about young kids and their "vidya". When did that transition happen, I wonder? I use to be an avid WoW player (World of Warcrack for you non-geeks) and growing up I loved playing PC games like Duke Nuke'em, Doom, Quake, Half-Life and other first person shooters such as Golden Eye (nintendo 64 sqee!) and Counterstrike. Yet, here I am, telling you all today that; I think Fable III for XBOX, sucks really, really bad. Several reasons but some predominate others in a way, that I only want to talk about them. This is where I come in being a conservative nag and say some scenes in Fable are unnecessarily immoral.


"Mom, Dad? Should I have unprotected sex with my Fable character, so we can have kids and get more gold? Or should I just have an orgy instead?" (Make babies for welfare or whore myself out, great lessons!)

Listen, I know it says NC-17 on the label but I was first introduced to this game by a kid I was babysitting, so let's face it; parents are going to let their kids play this without having any idea about whats really going on. I honestly don't get it, isn't America run by right-wing Republicans who are so conservative they forget what their genitals look like? How is this game still in circulation!? It is ultimately the parent's fault for letting any child under the age of 17 play the game but I am honest with myself to admit my parents let me play games where I could shoot strippers and kill zombies and I turned out "OK". However, in great contrast, I was never exposed to something as blunt as this game is about sexual encounters. Not even the SIMS have the option to have a orgy, though they promote adultery, and their sex option is to "woohoo". Which is fine, because my whole life I have referred to it as "whoopi".

It might be the creators ploy to get more horny hormone pumped teenagers to play or he, himself, a basement dweller who never quite made it with a non-pixelated female but being able to buy condoms in a video game placed in the Medieval ages just seems UNNECESSARY. Children are being exposed to this, and I'd much rather have my kid killing nazi zombies than deciding to have an orgy in some weak game play setting. Also, I am aware that you might find my reasoning biased, that's fine, it is. But, just how this game is allowed to be out, I am allowed to complain about it.

Just saying.

Word of the Day -
Holism:
1.a theory that the universe and especially living nature is correctly seen in terms of interacting wholes (as of living organisms) that are more than the mere sum of elementary particles
2.a holistic study or method of treatment

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Well, astronauts eat paste in space...

So it was only a matter of time before Americans invented soda that tasted like a traditional holiday dinner.




And here you have it! Made by Jone's Soda co. They have a wide array of flavors, such as; Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto (sounds yummy actually), Turkey and Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie (Hogwarts soda anyone?), Broccoli Casserole, Smoked Salmon Pate, Corn on the cob, Pecan Pie, Mashed potatoes and butter, even a Bacon sports pack!!!! Can you imagine a bacon soda? Jelly Bean did it, Astronauts have been doing it, but never in carbonated form! It seems every year, Jones releases a Holiday Soda pack featuring a new "meal".

As a lover of the weird and unique, I am determined to own a set and try every single flavor in it! Mm I think if the creator every reads this blog, he should make a Filet Mignon Marsala or Salisbury Steak. Though he claims no meat is actually used in the mixtures, according to a recent interview on Food Network, I notice the company offers an alternative to their a Turkey & Gravy, called Tofurkey & Gravy. So, I may have to double check my sources.

They also offer energy drinks, zero calorie beverages and what really catches my eye is the art on each label. Very abstract, modern and 'real world'. Making each bottle or can a collector's item.

You can find them on eBay, at an usually high cost. Target carries them in some stores and you can order them directly off their site, www.jonessoda.com.

Thank you! This has been my first blog post, please return to read more news of the weird and my adventures, I pledge to leave no blade of grass unturned or grain of sand stilled!

Oh! In order to increase my vocabulary I have decided to include a Word of the Day dealy, and today's word is: Tumultous:
1. Making a loud, confused noise; uproarious: "tumultuous applause".
2. Excited, confused, or disorderly

This doesn't mean I will update daily but I will definitely try! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment