Monday, December 20, 2010

My Favorite Meal.

I've been trying to come up with a name for this dish for awhile now and the only thing I can come up with is "PERFECT". This dinner meal incorporates all my favorite side items and of course my favorite: STEAKUMS!

Specifically; Filet Mignon Marsala with Asparagus and Bacon and Sour Cream & Chives butter mashed potatoes. See what I mean? Just perfect.

Ingredients: Please note I do not use measurements, I just...do it, I don't know. So these are my best guesses.

6 whole potatoes (peeled, washed, boiled and mashed, I put some butter, salt and pepper in the water when I boil)
Handful of asparagus (inch of each stalk cut off)
1/2 lb chopped bacon
2 to 4 premium filet mignon cuts. (any kind of steak will work, except chuck)
2 spoonfuls of flour
4 shallots, vidalia diced onion will do fine
8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional, in this recipe I don't use them because my fiance doesn't like them)
1 cup of Marsala wine
2 spoonfuls of minced/crushed garlic, fresh or roasted.
1 tsp of coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp Marjoram Leaves
3/4 tsp Parsley flakes
4 tbsp sweet salted butter + full stick for sauteing asparagus
2 tbsp olive oil (optional, I only use it when I include the mushrooms)
1/2 cup beef broth or beef consume
2/4 Worcestershire sauce

Directions: Prep 10 minutes, Cook 20 minutes, 2-3 servings
1. Prepare 2 pans and one shallow stove top sauce bowl. For the pro -whammy start everything off at the same time, med-high.
2. Add the stick of butter to large skillet pan, once melted, add chopped onions.
Once onions have slightly caramelized and the butter has bubbled up, turn temp to just below medium heat.
3. Add asparagus to pan, along with sea salt, lemon pepper and powdered garlic. Toss around till evenly coated.
4. Now coat second skillet with olive oil, add some minced garlic, seasonings, and add the filet mignon.
5. Add the 1/2 broth to shallow sauce bowl.
6. Add minced garlic, salt, coarse ground black pepper, butter. Cook for 1 minute. Then add cup of Marsala wine. Let cook for 1 minute before turning down to a simmer.
7. To finish the Marsala sauce, add 2 spoonfuls on flour and mix thoroughly, use an electric mixer to speed things up. Turn heat all the way down and keep warm while meat and veggies cook, shouldn't be on the stove to long though unless stirred often.
8. Add olive oil to large skillet, with powdered garlic/onion, seasonings and spices and your Worcestershire sauce.
9. Place filets in pan and brown each side, after a few minutes cut center to check rarity. I prefer med-well but it's only about 5 minutes for rare/med-rare.
10. Return to your asparagus and toss around some more, you want the tips to be blackened and somewhat limp. Onions should be completely caramelized with the garlic. Turn off heat.
11. Your potatoes should already have been peeled and boiled, while steaming add chives, a dollop of sour cream, and a spoonful of butter, mash and mix well.
12. Check meat, get ready too serve everything! Add chopped bacon to asparagus. Use leftover sauce as gravy for mash potatoes.

And here you have it, my favorite meal.









Word of the Day-
Detrivore: An organism that feeds on large bits of dead and decaying organic matter. What detrivores leave behind is used by decomposers. Crabs and Sea Cucumbers are examples of detrivores.

No comments:

Post a Comment